Father Walter Memorial Inspections Deficiencies Results
No one likes to see nursing home abuse or neglect. The following information has been gathered from inspection results reported by the CMS.
Inspectors determined that the nursing home failed to:
1. 1) Hire only people who have no legal history of abusing, neglecting or mistreating residents; or 2) report and investigate any acts or reports of abuse, neglect or mistreatment of residents. (10/28/2004)
2. Give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing bed sores. (10/28/2004)
3. Provide social services for related medical problems to help each resident achieve the highest possible quality of life. (10/28/2004)
4. Have enough nurses to care for every resident in a way that maximizes the resident's well being. (12/23/2004)
5. Make sure that residents receive treatment/services to continue to be able to care for themselves, unless a change is unavoidable. (12/23/2004)
Date of this inspection: 10/28/2004
Complaint Investigations During: 07/01/2004 - 09/30/2005
Total number of health deficiencies for this nursing home: 9
Average number of Health Deficiencies in Alabama: 9
Average number of Health Deficiencies in the United States: 8
Range of Health Deficiencies in Alabama: 0 - 53
If you have had a similar experience with Father Walter Memorial, please use the link below to contact a Nursing Home Abuse and/or Neglect Lawyer.