Englewood Health Care Center Inspection Deficiencies Results
No one likes to see nursing home abuse or neglect. The following information has been gathered from inspection results reported by the CMS.
Inspectors determined that the nursing home failed to:
1. Give each resident care and services to get or keep the highest quality of life possible. (12/16/2004)
2. Give proper treatment to residents with feeding tubes to prevent problems (such as aspiration pneumonia, diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration, metabolic abnormalities, nasal-pharyngeal ulcers) and help restore eating skills, if possible. (12/16/2004)
3. Give residents proper treatment to prevent new bed (pressure) sores or heal existing bed sores. (12/16/2004)
4. Make sure that residents who cannot care for themselves receive help with eating/drinking, grooming and hygiene. (12/16/2004)
5. Develop a complete care plan that meets all of a resident's needs, with timetables and actions that can be measured. (12/16/2004)
6. Make sure that a working call system is available in each resident's room or bathroom and bathing area. (12/16/2004)
Date of this inspection: 12/16/2004
Complaint Investigations During: 07/01/2004 - 09/30/2005
Total number of health deficiencies for this nursing home: 10
Average number of Health Deficiencies in Alabama: 9
Average number of Health Deficiencies in the United States: 8
Range of Health Deficiencies in Alabama: 0 - 53
If you have had a similar experience with Elglewood Health Care Center, please use the link below to contact a Nursing Home Abuse and/or Neglect Lawyer.